Application to Amplify Music and/or Voice
- Music and amplification of sound (live bands, recorded music; including sound checks) is permitted in Storke Plaza, Student Resource Building Lawn, Faculty Club Green, Campbell/Cheadle Plaza, and Lagoon Lawn from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm and by reservation only.
- Voice amplification is allowed in outdoor facilities from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm only.
- Music and amplification volumes may not impede or interfere with the learning process or University business.
Decibel Requirements have been established for music and amplified sound in all outdoor locations.
Programs that offer amplification of any kind (music, speeches, performances, etc.) are required to have decibel (dB) sound measurements and/or readings by a staff member of the Student Engagement & Leadership.
For specific details on amplification and campus venues.
Please see the Campus Regulations Speech and Advocacy, section 2, under Time, Place, and Manner.
Occupational Safety and Hazard Administration (OSHA) has determined that when sound measurements and/or readings exceed 90 dB, it is considered unsafe.
Failure to adhere to the 90 dB readings will result in forfeiture of use of above facilities for an and/or all of the following: the rest of the remaining quarter, the following quarter, the quarter one year to date of original offense.
- To request permission to amplify music or voice in the areas specified below during standard amplification hours (M-F, 12:00-1:00 pm) please create your event on Shoreline and fill out the 360 Event Planning forms.
- If you have not already reserved the venue, also submit a completed Room Reservations form.
- To extend beyond the allowable hours or for evening hours, your event will need to be approved on Shoreline and a representative from SEAL will need to send you a permit to extend the amplification hours.
The Arbor Mall
The area between the Arbor and the Girvetz Hall breezeway is available for speech and advocacy activities with one restriction:
There is to be NO sound amplification in this area at any time.
Request to amplify pertains
to the following venues
Campus Green (Eternal Flame)
Faculty Club Green
Lawn at Building 406
Lawn at Building 434 (Annex)
Lot 22 Lawn/Sidewalk