Submit a Space Reservation Request 

Find room layouts and media capabilities on the UCSB General Assignment Classroom Inventory spreadsheet.

Trying to reserve a room not listed in the General Inventory? Visit our Campus Scheduling Guide to locate the contact for the venue you have in mind. 


Permission for amplified sound is required for all outdoor space requests where any voice or sound will be amplified. 

UCSB departments should direct academic one-time scheduling requests to the Office of the Registrar.


A complete list of rooms and spaces that can be scheduled through Student Engagement & Leadership are available in the general inventory. Click the "Submit a Space Reservation Request" button and log in using your NetID and password.

The list does not include departmentally-controlled rooms. To reserve these, contact the respective department directly.

Possible fees are charged for the use of media in each venue by campus Media Services. If you require media for your event, you should reach out as soon as your space is reserved (instructions found in the reservation request). Charges may vary based on which campus venue is used. Staffing fees may also be incurred by the use of Embarcadero Hall, IV Theater, Campbell Hall, and Buchanan.

Scheduling procedures vary depending on campus affiliation.

Academic Departments 
Submit the "Academic One-Time Room Requests" form through the above-listed link to reserve a space for academic events that happen outside of regularly scheduled class times.
These may include:

  • Review sessions or lectures not related to a specific academic course
  • Meeting and special events
  • All events on holidays, during quarter breaks, and on weekends*
  • All events in Campbell Hall, Isla Vista  Theatre, and Embarcadero Hall on Tues/Thurs after 2:00 pm, and Mon/Wed/Fri after 3:00 pm*

For regularly scheduled academic events, such as classes, exams, and lectures please contact the Office of the Registrar directly.
*(except for academic events during finals week and "pre-instructional" days)

Administrative and Non-academic Departments 
Submit the "[quarter, year] General Assignment Space Requests (RCOs & Non-Academic Departments)" through the above-listed link.

Campus Organizations
An authorized signer must submit the "[quarter, year] General Assignment Space Requests (RCOs & Non-Academic Departments)" through the above-listed link.

Off-campus User with no Net-ID
Contact the Student Engagement & Leadership directly at

All requests must be submitted at least 10 business days in advance. For campus orgs, off-campus users, and non-academic departments spaces must be reserved for ALL events.