Through ED 173, Student Engagement & Leadership partners with the Dean of Student Life to meet students in the classroom, where they explore research foundations of leadership, engage in extensive self-reflection and participate in an experiential-learning Guided Leadership Experience.
The course has the following objectives To:
- Introduce and examine historical, philosophical and theoretical perspectives of leadership.
- Explore components of leadership skills and organizational behavior.
- Explore practical applications of leadership theories.
- Assess and strengthen leadership skills and abilities.
- Understand leadership in a global context.
*Book scholarship currently available*
Katya Armistead, Ed.D., Assistant Vice Chancellor & Dean of Student Life
Danielle Quiñones-Ortega, M.A., Director - Student Engagement & Leadership
Joaquin Becerra, M.S., M.Ed. Ph.D. candidate, Assistant Dean & Director - Office of Student Conduct