Term of Office
Your role as an officer/leader will be effective immediately and will automatically terminate at the end of the next summer quarter (Session B). If you wish to terminate your role as an officer sooner, you or another officer must remove your officer designation in Shoreline.
On-campus expenses billed to your organization can be paid in a variety of ways. If your organization has sufficient funding in an existing RCO account, an officer can submit an accounting request to SEAL to process payment.
These bills include, but are not limited to:
- SEAL's annual registration or fees
- *When an organization does not register during a current academic year, a $65 Account Maintenance Fee is assessed. Funds collected are used to defray the cost of campus organization programming. Once an account reaches a $0 balance, no additional fees are assessed and the account is permanently closed.
Instructional Development (Classroom Services/Media Equipment)
Transportation & Parking Services
NOTE: RCO Accounts have been in the process of phasing out as a service and may likely have been eliminated by June 2022.
Associated Students (A.S.) Funding Sources
Keep in mind that money allocated to your organization by A.S. entities (e.g. Finance & Business Committee, CAB, Coastal Fund, etc.) is NOT deposited into your organization's RCO account! Refer to the A.S. Finance & Business Committee for a comprehensive guide to accessing A.S. funds.
A.S. allocations do not "rollover" from year to year, so it is critically important to file any purchase orders or reimbursements in a timely manner (within two weeks of your event); otherwise, funding may be rescinded. (The fiscal year is July 1 - June 30.)
Things to think about from an organizational perspective
- A plan for continuous access from year to year (the need to return to the bank to transition officers)
- Who has access to transactions/funds, and if there are internal structures in place to hold folks accountable
- How comprehensive records for each organization, including documentation for transactions, is stored and passed down from leader to leader
- Accounts could be audited to ensure integrity