The following organizations are not currently recognized by the University of California, Santa Barbara due to violations of University policies that apply to recognized social fraternities and sororities. These organizations are in no way affiliated with the campus and do not enjoy any of the privileges associated with organization registration/recognition.
Recognized fraternities and sororities are prohibited from engaging in organizational events (formal or informal, regardless of location) with closed/unrecognized organizations.
The following organizations are known to be recruiting members locally, but have not received recognition from the University and/or any of its affinity councils.
- Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity (AEPi)*
This partial list only includes organizations that have lost their recognition due to University policy violations in recent years.
- alpha Kappa Delta Phi International Sorority, Inc. - the University was notified that alpha Kappa Delta Phi International Sorority, Inc. headquarters decided to close the UCSB chapter of the organization effective February 2018
- Beta Gamma Nu Fraternity
- Beta Theta Pi (Beta)
- Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity (NAK)
- Phi Delta Theta Colony (Phi Delt) - the University was notified that Phi Delta Theta headquarters decided to exit the campus and close the colony
- Phi Sigma Kappa Fraternity (Phi Sig)
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity (SAE)
- Sigma Chi Omega Fraternity
*The local chapter of Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity is still operating, but is not recognized by the Universityor by the Interfraternity Council (IFC). AEPi will not be eligible to reapply for recognition until its undergraduate chapter has been inactive locally for at least 5 years.