The Student Initiated Outreach Program awards funding to Registered Campus Organizations (RCO) for programs that support and promote outreach and retention to secondary pre-college and transfer students of historically underrepresented, income-eligible, or educationally disadvantaged communities. Special consideration will be given to projects that conduct outreach with UCSB Partnership Schools
- The online application must be completed by December 2, 2022 (midnight).
- Once the SIOP Coordinator has approved an application, student representatives from the organization will be scheduled to present a proposal to the SIOP Committee. Please come prepared to answer specific questions related to your proposed program and to respond to questions regarding your organization's previous year's outreach event.
- Overall quality of the application packet (comprehensive funding questionnaire; complete and accurate budgets; well-organized proposal free of grammar, spelling and sentence structure errors)
- Outreach to partnership schools including elementary, middle and junior high schools feeding into partnership schools.
- Follow-up with SIOP participants after the outreach event (availing selves for questions, mentoring and continuing ongoing contact).
- Success of past outreach events, based on past evaluations (if applicable).
- Use of previous year's funding allocation, all or partial (if applicable).
- Completion of evaluations (submitted by deadline date, late or not submitted)
- Project must be designed to provide preparation for eligibility to an institution of higher education and/or tools to assist historically underrepresented pre-college youth and transfer students.
- Project must be implemented between January and May
- No Outreach Projects shall be held the day of UCSB Open House.
- Events or activity prior to a grant application review will not be considered (event/activity must occur after the grant allocations have been distributed).
- Project must include a 1 hour A-G/admissions presentation conducted or authorized by the Office of Admissions.
- Project must include a 1 hour financial aid presentation conducted or authorized by the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- Any projects that request overnight campus accommodations must be submitted to Housing & Residential Services by December 8th via Housing Overnightstay Form
(Not available this year due to the pandemic)
- Any projects that request dinning common meal tickets must be submitted 3 weeks prior. Reservations are based on group size (maximum 60 per outreach program) and availability. More information coming.